- Crop Production: postharvest treatment, seed saving, water management
- Pest Management: integrated pest management
- Soil Management: composting, soil quality/health
Agroecosystem Sustainable Guides is an educational approach to disseminate sustainable practices to farmers. The project will develop quality educational material within six principal themes including soil management, water management in the farm, seed ecology, thermal compost development, pest management, and post-harvest practices. The material will be delivered in two principal methods; first, via live internet sessions (webinars) and second, training in the field. The material will be provided in multiple delivery methods including video blog recordings, handbooks, scientific poster and pod-cast recordings for farmers and general audiences who would like to access the information at any moment.
Project objectives from proposal:
- Conduct a series of educational internet webinars to disseminate information on relations within the six principal themes related to agroecosystem functions.
- Conduct six practical small focused educational workshops for each theme presented to demonstrate the application of agroecosystem.
- Publish six video blogs for each theme documenting the workshops, following up the experience and take up the reflection of the target audience for information.
- Improve the educational approach publishing a handbook documenting the agroecosystem functions and educational approach and how it has been useful for the farmers participating in the project.
- Present scientific posters within the agricultural community with qualitative and quantitative results from the agroecosystem educational approach conducted in several experiences.
- Record various end-user Pod-casts interviews and uploading them as a social movement approach in the internet community.