Understanding Non-operating Farm Landowners

Project Type: Research and Education
Funds awarded in 2019: $50,000.00
Projected End Date: 09/30/2021
Grant Recipient: American Farmland Trust
Region: Southern
State: Washington, DC
Principal Investigator:
Jamie Mierau
American Farmland Trust
Farmers and ranchers own and operate about 61 percent of U.S. agricultural land. The remaining 39 percent is owned by individuals (non-operating landowners) who rent their land to farmers. This fact sheet provides critical information about non-operating landowners and how to help them steward their land.
Fact Sheet
Target audiences:
Farmers/Ranchers; Educators; Researchers
Ordering info:
Cost: $0.00
Any opinions, findings, conclusions, or recommendations expressed in this publication are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the view of the U.S. Department of Agriculture or SARE.