Final Report for FNE02-407
Note to readers, attached is the complete final report for FNE02-407.
In conclusion, I had more difficulty finding time to supervise this project than I had expected. I did personally harvest (with crew help) every patch of corn we planted. The worm damage in weeks 2 through 5 was minimal or none, which is better than other years, but damage did increase in later weeks. Overall, our harvest of marketable ears (2720 dozen) was better than any year in our history except 1999 (2962 dozen) and better than last year 2001(2528 dozen). But unfortunately, we did not collect enough data to say for certain that the bio-control was the responsible factor in the success of the crop. Time pressures and work distractions kept us from staying focused on data collection.