- Agronomic: peanuts
- Fruits: melons, berries (blueberries)
- Vegetables: beans, cabbages, cucurbits, eggplant, greens (leafy), onions, peas (culinary), peppers, sweet corn, tomatoes
- Additional Plants: ornamentals
- Sustainable Communities: new business opportunities, partnerships, public participation, community development
Local farmers met early in 2007 to begin preparing for the upcoming year for the Four County Farmers Market. Due to weather conditions the Four County Farmers Market opening was delayed until June 5th. The market got off to a good start with several new producers participating and producers from the previous year returning. The adverse weather conditions continued once again to severely impact the crops and participation. Community support continues to be excellent.
1. To benefit local farmers by increasing disposable income and encouraging entrepreneurship.
2. To generate economic impact in the community from dollars spent and retention of these inputs within the region.
3. To assist producers to implement sustainable agricultural practices.
4. To provide an economical supply of wholesome foods for consumption.
5. To assist homemakers to prepare nutritious and healthful food products for their families.
6. To develop a sense of community relationship among citizens, private enterprise, and government for the common good by applying strategies that creates and support sustainable agricultural and community life.