- Animal Products: dairy
- Education and Training: general education and training
This project developed, delivered, and evaluated a professional development training module called “Organic Dairy 101: A Workshop for Agricultural Professionals” at four locations in Minnesota and three in Wisconsin, training a total of 174 dairy and agriculture professionals. Two complementary training events reached 66 additional veterinary students and veterinary professionals in Wisconsin. Evaluation indicted a high level of participant satisfaction with the training, progress toward short and intermediate goals, and interest in further organic dairy training. Workshop topics that interested participants the most were veterinary strategies, farmer experiences/insights, and certification requirements.
[PLEASE NOTE: this reporting system permits text only. For a copy of this report that includes charts and graphs, contact email@example.com]
This project made measurable made progress toward desired outputs and outcomes identified in our proposal:
1. Six daylong trainings; four in Minnesota and two in Wisconsin
2. 180 participants who have a better understanding of the principles and opportunities in organic dairy farming, and who are more able and receptive to working with transitioning and organic producers.
3. New peer relationships among attendees, among presenters, among planners and implementers of the training program and the agencies/institutions they represent.
4. Stronger relationships and more interaction between and among the SFA “alternative” MDI team and regional teams elsewhere in the state.
5. Reference cards containing concise resource material indexed by topic for participants to use on the job and share with colleagues.
6. Stronger relationships among MN and WI team members.