- Education and Training: extension
- Energy: bioenergy and biofuels, energy conservation/efficiency, energy use
The project developed presentation materials, articles and fact sheets on greenhouse energy conservation and alternative fuels for heating greenhouses. A workshop for high school Ag instructors and two webinar was attended by 42 participants from 6 different states. Subsequent programs have reached 64 additional people. The first presentations covered all aspects of greenhouse energy efficiency, the second presentation looked at thermal/shade curtain systems, the third presentation looks at energy efficient plant production methods and the fourth presentation covered heating greenhouses with biomass fuel sources The presentation materials, presentation narrative, webinar recording and publications are available on-line.
1) PowerPoint presentations with speaker notes for topics related to greenhouse energy use.
2) Extension bulletins
– Thermal/Shade curtains
– Greenhouse energy conservation strategies
– Plant production methods that reduce energy use
– Biomass Energy for heating greenhouses
3) Greenhouse Energy model – Excel spreadsheet
4) Make curriculum materials available on the WI EERE web site.
5) Resource list of additional information.
6) Two “Train the Trainer” workshops with 25+ educators attending.