- Agronomic: general hay and forage crops, grass (misc. perennial), hay
- Additional Plants: native plants
- Animal Production: range improvement, grazing - rotational, watering systems, winter forage, feed/forage
- Education and Training: demonstration, extension, on-farm/ranch research
- Pest Management: physical control, precision herbicide use
- Sustainable Communities: partnerships
Through WSARE grant funding, the Utah Grazingland Network (UGN) headed up a project to record and disseminate valuable observations and analysis of range improvement demonstration projects completed in Utah during an unprecedented drought.
The final report documents information gathered from both the rancher and professional point of view. It includes applicable before and after photos, tables, charts, statistics and contact information. The report was distributed to a wide audience of educators, agencies and producers.
Project objectives:div style="margin-left:1em;">
To place a publication of recent demonstration projects testing new methods, techniques and innovative approaches to sustainable grazing and range management into the hands of range professionals, landowners, federal and state agencies and educators.