- Agronomic: barley, corn, oats, safflower, wheat, grass (misc. perennial), hay
- Animals: bovine, goats, sheep
- Animal Products: dairy
- Animal Production: preventive practices, feed/forage
- Education and Training: extension
- Farm Business Management: whole farm planning
- Pest Management: eradication, field monitoring/scouting, integrated pest management, prevention, sanitation, weed ecology
- Production Systems: holistic management
A survey of weed management professionals and agricultural producers has been completed to assess current perceptions and practices regarding weed prevention. An in-depth literature review on weed prevention has also been completed. The information gathered from these two steps of the project was presented at the annual meetings of the Nevada Weed Management Association, Utah Weed Control Association, Western Society of Weed Science, and the American Society of Agronomy. Weed prevention workshops have been held at 33 locations across 5 states and inspired a series of county specific factsheets and education workshops in Nevada. A reference manual has been created and will be distributed this summer. A website has also been developed and populated with links to publications, YouTube videos, and other pertinent information. Evaluations of the project’s impact will consist of two surveys involving attendees at workshops, number of visits to the project website, and information requests. This will be completed following during the upcoming year.
The objectives for this project were to: 1) collect, review, and summarize current knowledge about weed prevention techniques applicable on agricultural lands, 2) develop an educational program to present and distribute this information to CE, NRCS, and others weed management professionals and 3) evaluate program impact.