- Fruits: berries (strawberries), figs
- Vegetables: peppers, tomatoes
- Crop Production: high tunnels or hoop houses
- Energy: geothermal, renewable energy, solar energy
- Pest Management: mulching - vegetative
The use of waste vegetable oil in conjunction with a subterranean geothermal and solar heating and cooling system will be used to achieve temp and humidity control for year-round growing in high tunnels of heat-loving figs and vegetables.
Any opinions, findings, conclusions, or recommendations expressed in this publication are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the view of the U.S. Department of Agriculture or SARE.