Project Type: Farmer/Rancher
Funds awarded in 2006: $12,678.00
Projected End Date: 12/31/2008
Region: North Central
Blue Heron Orchard
- Fruits: apples, general tree fruits
- Crop Production: application rate management
- Education and Training: farmer to farmer, on-farm/ranch research
- Pest Management: integrated pest management, traps
- Sustainable Communities: sustainability measures
This project is to develop a site-specific apple insect monitoring system that uses established insect models and collected temp data to predict critical control points for apple pests and to alert the grower to take an action.
Any opinions, findings, conclusions, or recommendations expressed in this publication are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the view of the U.S. Department of Agriculture or SARE.