- Fruits: apples, berries (other), cherries, berries (cranberries), peaches, berries (strawberries)
- Animal Production: parasite control, preventive practices
- Education and Training: demonstration, networking
- Pest Management: biological control, genetic resistance, integrated pest management, prevention
- Sustainable Communities: partnerships, employment opportunities
The project is designed to address the dual problems of a lack of adoption of disease and mite resistant or tolerant lines of bees and an over-reliance on queens from Sunbelt states. The purpose is to increase interest and understanding among beekeepers in Illinois, eastern Missouri and southern Wisconsin resulting in their using these lines of honey bees.