- Agronomic: general hay and forage crops, grass (misc. perennial), hay
- Animal Production: feed/forage
- Education and Training: farmer to farmer, networking
- Farm Business Management: budgets/cost and returns
- Production Systems: general crop production
- Soil Management: green manures, organic matter
This demonstration project will compare the benefits of turkey litter fertilization on forage alfalfa when incorporated by mechanical soil aeration. We will determine if mechanical aeration of the surface soil will affect alfalfa production and quality. The quality factors of interest include crude protein and relative feed value.