- Agronomic: grass (misc. perennial), hay
- Animal Production: grazing management, pasture renovation, range improvement, stocking rate, feed/forage
- Education and Training: demonstration, farmer to farmer
- Farm Business Management: new enterprise development, value added, agritourism
- Natural Resources/Environment: carbon sequestration, biodiversity, habitat enhancement, wildlife
- Production Systems: agroecosystems
- Sustainable Communities: new business opportunities, social networks
Our project is to restore a Prairie Chicken breeding ground (lek) to native grassland and to develop an interpretive nature trail. The trail will explain the natural and cultural aspects of the Nebraska Sandhills and athe role that livestock grazing plays in sustaining a healthy eco-system and in maintaining our way of life economically. These activities will help us diversify the use of our land by building a sustainable and complimentary nature based enterprise that dfeatures birding, hunting, grassland interpretation andother activities in addition to our livestock grazing operation.