- Agronomic: corn, potatoes, sunflower
- Vegetables: beets, cabbages, carrots, cauliflower, greens (leafy), onions, peppers, radishes (culinary), sweet corn, tomatoes, turnips, brussel sprouts
- Farm Business Management: marketing management
- Pest Management: cultivation, mulching - vegetative
- Production Systems: organic agriculture
The problem facing many young adults who have a basic interest in the production of healthy foodstuffs for consumers is that they do not have an opportunity for direct involvement in that process. It is intended that by the efforts of myself and other professional agricultural personnel, the 3 young adults will gain both knowledge and experience in the production and marketing of vegetables with organic and sustainable agricultural practices.
They will be directly involved and responsible for all phases of production and marketing with the knowledge and experience of the mentoring adults always available. It is anticipated that this "hands on" practical experience will be shared with other young people and/or adult groups and provide continnation that careers in sustainable/organic agricultural production can be achieved by those who have not grown up in an agricultural setting.