- Fruits: grapes
- Nuts: walnuts
- Crop Production: tissue analysis
- Education and Training: demonstration, farmer to farmer, on-farm/ranch research, technical assistance
- Farm Business Management: whole farm planning, new enterprise development, budgets/cost and returns
- Natural Resources/Environment: indicators
- Pest Management: integrated pest management
- Production Systems: general crop production
- Soil Management: soil analysis, soil physics, soil quality/health
- Sustainable Communities: new business opportunities, employment opportunities
Using DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Resources and ideas, perform Vineyard health analysis in the field. To do this we will do soil and tissue analysis using spectral analysis. Also perform aerial Co2 to O2 analysis to get a full picture of plant health (photosynthesis) using airborne near IR (infared) cameras. Also deploying humidity, temp, and light sensors in the canopy to determine triggers for plant issues.
Project objectives from proposal:
Create a database of healthy and unhealthy spectrographs of soil and plant tissue and correlate that to nutrient management and plant diseases so that immediate remediation can be done without waiting for a lab to get back to you.
Identify different environmental factors that can be controlled and in what ways to maintain a healthy vineyard canopy.
Take a full vineyard view to identify areas that may need more attention and input to lessen the amount of time, effort and money needed to maintain a healthy vineyard.