FINAL REPORT NOT RECEIVED.
- Animal Production: feed/forage
- Crop Production: municipal wastes
- Soil Management: composting
Food Waste For Farms is a pilot project to link generators of commercial food waste with farms to utilize this nutrient rich asset as animal feed or compost material diverting it from the landfill. The goal is to use technology to optimize the systems for waste recovery, logistics and profitability.
Measurement objectives for environmental and societal impact for FWFF will be multiple important measurements:
1) In pounds of food diverted from landfills
2) In increased farm profitability through savings on animal feed
3) In new relationships established between waste generators and farmers
4) In increased soil fertility with compost application
Information will be tracked using the FWFF website weekly and through the two survey monkey questionnaires during the grant period. A final report will be shared in a public education meeting.