The final report was not received.
- Animal Products: dairy, meat
- Pest Management: general pest management
This project is exploring effective fly control with reduced or no chemical or purchased inputs.
Project objectives from proposal:
- Reduce fly populations to a lower level which reduces production losses due to blood loss, pinkeye, and cows bunching to fight flies.
- Reduce purchased inputs (fly tags, sprays, feed additives).
- Construct 2 fly traps according to approved plans and place it in the pasture near the watering point.
Any opinions, findings, conclusions, or recommendations expressed in this publication are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the view of the U.S. Department of Agriculture or SARE.