- Fruits: general small fruits
- Education and Training: demonstration
- Farm Business Management: marketing management
- Production Systems: holistic management, permaculture
- Sustainable Communities: urban/rural integration, social networks, quality of life
Providing access for the handicapped can be beneficial for the producers as well as disabled people.
Objective: To provide physically challenged people the accessibility to You-Pick blueberries and hunting areas.
The producer is building a boardwalk through soft, uneven terrain to provide wheelchair access to a blueberry patch, lagoon and wooded area, in which waterfowl and deer reside.
Results: Due to environmental concerns related to the use of wolmanized wood, the project was delayed for one year so the coordinator could locate environmentally friendly construction material at an affordable cost.