- Fruits: melons
- Vegetables: eggplant, onions, peppers, tomatoes
- Crop Production: organic fertilizers
- Education and Training: demonstration, on-farm/ranch research
- Farm Business Management: feasibility study
- Pest Management: botanical pesticides, mulches - killed
- Production Systems: general crop production
- Soil Management: organic matter
Nutrient management and weed control require special attention from organic producers.
Objective: To assess the weed and feed value of corn gluten meal under common field conditions in conjunction with transplanted crops. Unforeseen circumstances prevented implementation in 1999.
Results: The project has been extended for one year.