- Additional Plants: ornamentals
- Crop Production: biological inoculants, organic fertilizers
- Education and Training: demonstration, on-farm/ranch research
- Farm Business Management: new enterprise development
- Production Systems: holistic management
- Soil Management: earthworms, organic matter, soil analysis, nutrient mineralization, soil quality/health
- Sustainable Communities: sustainability measures
This is a continuation of FNE99-281. The project is comparing the growth rate of ornamental using conventional fertilizer and organic, slow-release fertilizer. The drought conditions of 1999 meant that normal growth did not occur, and the farmer will use a second growing season to meet the original goals of the project.