- Fruits: melons
- Vegetables: cucurbits, eggplant, greens (leafy), sweet corn
- Animals: goats, sheep
- Animal Production: feed/forage, free-range, grazing - rotational
- Education and Training: display, extension, farmer to farmer, on-farm/ranch research, participatory research
- Farm Business Management: whole farm planning, new enterprise development, cooperatives, marketing management, feasibility study, market study, risk management
- Sustainable Communities: new business opportunities, employment opportunities
This start up project will develop the membership, mission, and quality standards for a projected new meat cooperative and establish working relationships among producers and with meat processors. The project will also explore value-added markets for pates and sausages. The project design draws on the extensive marketing survey done by Judith Sheehan in an earlier SARE project, FNE97-183.