- Animals: bovine, goats, sheep
- Animal Production: grazing - multispecies, pasture renovation, grazing - rotational
- Crop Production: conservation tillage
- Education and Training: demonstration, extension, farmer to farmer, networking, on-farm/ranch research, technical assistance
- Farm Business Management: feasibility study
- Production Systems: holistic management
- Sustainable Communities: sustainability measures
Dry summer periods affect grazing, and hay is expensive. The farmer will no-till Italian ryegrass, which grows under hot and dry conditions, and compare the results of different planting densities. Number of grazing days for each plot and animal preferences will also be recorded.