- Agronomic: potatoes, grass (misc. perennial), hay
- Animal Production: feed/forage
- Crop Production: application rate management
- Education and Training: demonstration, extension, farmer to farmer, on-farm/ranch research
- Farm Business Management: budgets/cost and returns
- Pest Management: physical control, mulching - vegetative
- Production Systems: general crop production
Sowing, growing, and harvesting potatoes in the soil is labor intensive, and the farmer will compare conventional techniques with potatoes grown in organic mulch on top of the soil. She will compare labor, incidence of wireworm damage, and yield to both conventional and to several different organic mulches.