- Animal Products: dairy
- Animal Production: manure management, preventive practices
- Crop Production: organic fertilizers, application rate management
- Education and Training: demonstration, farmer to farmer, on-farm/ranch research
- Farm Business Management: marketing management, feasibility study, agricultural finance
- Sustainable Communities: employment opportunities
Dairy manure has a high fiber content that makes it suitable for starter pots. After experimenting with forming pots by hand, the farmer is now ready to create a die and manufacture 2000 starter pots, trying out various bulking agents. The goal is to find a use for surplus manure, develop manufacturing procedures, and to find markets for the product.