- Fruits: general small fruits
- Crop Production: conservation tillage
- Pest Management: mulches - killed, mulches - living, row covers (for pests), mulching - vegetative
- Production Systems: general crop production
- Soil Management: green manures
- Sustainable Communities: public participation
This organic farmer will test the weed control properties of oat and white clover cover crops to see if the strategy will support more diversification on his upland fields that are not suitable for vegetable production. The farmer will the monitor yield of the strawberries and growth of the blueberries, as well as weed control results, with the goal of establishing a pick-your-own berry operation.