- Animals: bovine
- Animal Production: feed/forage, parasite control, animal protection and health, grazing - continuous, feed formulation, feed rations, manure management, mineral supplements, pasture fertility, grazing - rotational, stockpiled forages, vaccines, watering systems, winter forage
- Education and Training: demonstration, farmer to farmer
- Farm Business Management: whole farm planning
- Production Systems: integrated crop and livestock systems
- Soil Management: composting
Beef production in New England has certain advantages in being close to large urban markets, and an existing school on this natural beef farm will develop and offer beef-farm management training to farmers who want to start or expand a beef operation and to college students who are interested in agriculture. The overall goal is to give graduates the knowledge necessary so new producers can enter the industry and help existing producers expand to help recover the livestock industry in the Northeast.