- Vegetables: cabbages, peppers, tomatoes
- Education and Training: demonstration, on-farm/ranch research
- Farm Business Management: marketing management
- Production Systems: general crop production
- Sustainable Communities: new business opportunities, sustainability measures
Many small family farms are finding that they need to diversify into crops other than the traditional corn and soybeans. To respond to the changing demographics of the Delmarva Peninsula, this project seeks to produce exotic specialty vegetables using both established and innovative technologies. Specialty crops currently being researched and demonstrated at Delaware State University will be grown and marketed through local direct marketing channels. Outreach will be through farm visits for area farmers, news releases, workshops, and the university web site.