- Fruits: apples
- Crop Production: agroforestry, foliar feeding, organic fertilizers, tissue analysis
- Education and Training: demonstration, display, farmer to farmer, on-farm/ranch research
- Pest Management: botanical pesticides, integrated pest management, prevention, weed ecology
- Production Systems: agroecosystems
- Soil Management: organic matter, soil analysis, soil quality/health
- Sustainable Communities: sustainability measures
This project will use ramial wood chips-—these are chips from small-diameter deciduous trees, limbs, and brush-—as a source of nutrients and organic matter in a fruit tree nursery. The wood chips will be tilled into the soil and used as a mulch. Various measurements will determine the effect on plant growth and soil composition, and outreach will be through a field day and publication.