- Agronomic: corn, hay
- Animal Production: feed/forage
- Crop Production: cover crops, intercropping, multiple cropping, application rate management
- Education and Training: demonstration, on-farm/ranch research
- Pest Management: mulches - living
- Production Systems: general crop production
- Soil Management: soil analysis
In short growing season areas it is often difficult to get a cover crop established on corn fields after harvest. This project will experiment with interseeding legumes and ryegrass into field corn when the corn is planted in the spring. Outreach will be through a field day, class projects, and publications.