- Additional Plants: ornamentals
- Crop Production: organic fertilizers
- Education and Training: on-farm/ranch research, participatory research
- Farm Business Management: feasibility study, value added
- Production Systems: general crop production
- Soil Management: organic matter, soil analysis
- Sustainable Communities: new business opportunities, employment opportunities
Local broom makers do not have a domestic supply of broomcorn, sourcing their supply from Mexico. This project will investigate the potential for growing broomcorn in northern Maine, and will evaluate its feasibility for producing quality brooms. Outreach will be through a field day, website, and written materials.