- Agronomic: corn, grass (misc. perennial), hay
- Animal Production: feed/forage
- Education and Training: on-farm/ranch research
- Production Systems: integrated crop and livestock systems
- Sustainable Communities: new business opportunities, sustainability measures
With rising fuel prices, many homeowners are turning to alternative energy systems and looking for more energy- and cost-efficient ways to heat their homes. This project will investigate the feasibility of producing corn pellets from silage corn for use in pellet stoves, similar to the way wood pellets are used. Outreach will be through workshops, articles, and the production of a CD for use by farmers and Cooperative Extension.