- Vegetables: tomatoes
- Crop Production: conservation tillage
- Farm Business Management: community-supported agriculture
- Pest Management: cultural control, mulches - killed, weed ecology
- Production Systems: general crop production
- Soil Management: organic matter
Polyethylene mulch is widely used in the production of tomatoes and many other vegetable crops, yet there are environmental concerns with the manufacturing and disposal of it. This project will compare alternative mulching materials available to growers to determine the impact on crop production, soil quality, and profitability. Outreach will be through articles, presentations, and a web site.