- Vegetables: carrots
- Education and Training: demonstration
- Energy: energy conservation/efficiency, energy use
- Farm Business Management: budgets/cost and returns
- Pest Management: physical control, prevention
- Production Systems: holistic management
- Sustainable Communities: sustainability measures
Farmers and farm workers face some of the highest risks of work-related musculoskeletal injury and disease in the nation, and are at an even greater risk of suffering from musculoskeletal health problems in the future. To address some of this risk, the project manager will engineer, build, test, and analyze a pedal-powered prone workstation that can be used during tasks such as hand weeding, transplanting, and light cultivation. Outreach will be through a web site, farm demonstrations, and presentations.