- Agronomic: oats
- Vegetables: peas (culinary), turnips
- Animals: sheep
- Animal Production: feed/forage, parasite control, manure management, pasture fertility, pasture renovation, grazing - rotational, stockpiled forages, winter forage
- Crop Production: cover crops, double cropping, multiple cropping
- Farm Business Management: new enterprise development, budgets/cost and returns
- Soil Management: organic matter
One of the main challenges to producing prime finished lamb in New England is the expense of the grain needed to finish them. The project manager will look at whether it is cost-effective to finish lambs by grazing them on kale or turnips as opposed to keeping them on pasture and then moving them to a gradual full feed ration of grains. Outreach will be through articles, a web site, and a field day.