- Agronomic: corn, rye, soybeans, wheat
- Crop Production: cover crops, no-till
- Education and Training: farmer to farmer, on-farm/ranch research
- Natural Resources/Environment: soil stabilization
- Soil Management: general soil management
In many areas of the Northeast, the soybean crop is usually not harvested in time to allow satisfactory establishment of a winter cover crop. This project will research the optimum planting dates for seeding cover crops into standing soybeans, and will evaluate the performance of the cover crop and the corn crop grown the following crop year. Outreach will be through field days and newsletter articles.