- Agronomic: general grain crops
- Farm Business Management: whole farm planning
- Production Systems: agroecosystems, holistic management, transitioning to organic
- Soil Management: organic matter, soil analysis
- Sustainable Communities: partnerships
New markets are developing for farmers in northern New England to produce edible soybeans for use in soymilk and tofu, but farmers do not know which edible soybean varieties will grow well in this region and are good for making these products. The project manager will conduct a variety trial of edible soybeans to evaluate field production and processing qualities. Outreach will be through web sites, newsletters, and multi-media displays at farm shows.