- Additional Plants: ornamentals
- Education and Training: demonstration, on-farm/ranch research
- Farm Business Management: new enterprise development
- Production Systems: holistic management
- Sustainable Communities: sustainability measures
Many northeastern nursery and greenhouse operators are interested in using alternative and renewable energy sources to replace their current dependence on petroleum for heat. This project will assess the qualitative and quantitative benefits of installing and using an alternative energy system compared to a conventional heating system. Outreach will be through presentations, publications, and web sites.