- Additional Plants: native plants, ornamentals
- Crop Production: multiple cropping
- Education and Training: extension, farmer to farmer, on-farm/ranch research
- Energy: energy conservation/efficiency
- Farm Business Management: budgets/cost and returns, feasibility study
- Production Systems: general crop production
- Sustainable Communities: sustainability measures
Greenhouse energy costs continue to rise and challenge farmers to find new ways to reduce the use of all forms of energy. The project aims to explore whether by using radiant heat as the only heat source, by using energy conservation methods, and by selecting hardy plants, the economic production of perennial plants can be managed without additional heat inputs. Outreach will be through open houses, a web site, and publications.