- Vegetables: cucurbits
- Crop Production: application rate management
- Education and Training: on-farm/ranch research, workshop
- Farm Business Management: community-supported agriculture
- Pest Management: biological control, economic threshold, field monitoring/scouting, trap crops
- Production Systems: organic agriculture
A previous SARE-funded study of perimeter trap cropping for control of cucumber beetle in winter squash has led to this project, where internal trap crop rows will be tried to see if they act as additional sinks for this beetle. Randomized, replicated blocks will be scouted for beetles and compared with perimeter plants only and with controls, and results will be disseminated during the 2008 NOFA conference as well as through grower publications.