- Fruits: berries (other)
- Crop Production: cover crops, application rate management
- Education and Training: demonstration, display, on-farm/ranch research, participatory research
- Pest Management: botanical pesticides, cultural control, genetic resistance, mulches - living, mulching - plastic, mulching - vegetative
- Production Systems: holistic management
- Sustainable Communities: new business opportunities
Goals of the project: 1) Improve the propagation and field planting techniques for Ribes 2) Develop a stylet oil (summer oil) spray program to prevent mildew and blossom blight. Look for an effective way to control leaf spot (anthracnose) 3)Test four alley cover crop/interplant mulching systems 4) Develop additional recommendations for the culture of Ribes that become obvious or are uncovered through consulting with other growers in the world 5) Cooperate with Ron Prior and his work on the health benefits of black currents.