- Agronomic: general hay and forage crops
- Additional Plants: native plants
- Animal Production: watering systems
- Crop Production: foliar feeding
- Education and Training: extension, farmer to farmer
- Natural Resources/Environment: grass waterways
- Production Systems: integrated crop and livestock systems
- Sustainable Communities: sustainability measures
The idea of this project was to use wind to produce water to areas to improve production of grasslands. This was achieved by getting a windmill to draw water and pipe it to the land. The grass in that area stayed green longer and produced more than other areas.
The main objective is to harness wind for moving water to improve grassland production.
It is hard to produce enough water to travel a great distance to irrigate land. We tried to irrigate too much land and ended up minimizing the space. My goats grazed the specially irrigated area heavily and it became their preferred spot.
IMPACTS ON AGRICULTURE
Clearly the more water on a piece of land, the better the production of feed will be.