- Animals: goats
- Animal Production: parasite control, animal protection and health, free-range, grazing management, livestock breeding, manure management, mineral supplements, grazing - multispecies, pasture fertility, pasture renovation, preventive practices, probiotics, range improvement, grazing - rotational, housing, stocking rate, vaccines, watering systems, winter forage
- Crop Production: food product quality/safety
- Education and Training: demonstration, display, farmer to farmer, mentoring, networking, workshop
- Farm Business Management: marketing management, market study, value added
- Soil Management: composting
The purpose of our project was to grow local awareness and enthusiasm for goat meat, especially grass-fed goat meat. We wanted to help people in our area realize that goat meat is available, healthful and delicious. I feel that our objectives were well-met.
Project objectives:div style="margin-left:1em;">
To increase local awareness of and enthusiasm for nutritious and delicious goat meat and to educate other goat ranchers about marketing their product.