- Agronomic: potatoes
- Fruits: grapes
- Crop Production: biological inoculants, foliar feeding, nutrient cycling, organic fertilizers, application rate management, tissue analysis
- Education and Training: demonstration, display, extension, farmer to farmer, mentoring, networking, on-farm/ranch research, participatory research, study circle
- Farm Business Management: budgets/cost and returns, feasibility study
- Pest Management: biological control, biorational pesticides, compost extracts
- Production Systems: agroecosystems, holistic management
The goals are to 1)evaluate aerated compost tea (ACT) for its ability to enhance the health of horticultural crops, and 2) to educate potential users on its production, application, and efficacy.
Performance targets from proposal:
1) Of 30,000 people exposed to and 120 people engaged in this SARE project, 50 farmers will adopt ACT within two years.
2) 15 vineyard managers will incorporate ACT into their management practices within one year of the field day. 10 will permanently adopt ACT and serve as a model of other vineyards.
3) At least 10 extension agents will permanently incorporate ACT practices into their recommendations upon review research and attending field days. They will be able to easily provide information, research results and contact information for equipment and ingredient suppliers.