- Agronomic: sorghum (milo)
- Crop Production: conservation tillage
- Farm Business Management: whole farm planning
- Production Systems: holistic management, integrated crop and livestock systems
- Soil Management: green manures, organic matter
- Sustainable Communities: sustainability measures
Ecological principals predict that community stability and resiliency are enhanced by agricultural diversity. Stability and resiliency of agricultural landscapes were impaired by enterprise
concentration and size during the last three decades, spatially and temporally separating producers and consumers, diminishing cycles which lend stability to natural systems. In a workshop, crop/livestock production strategies with potential to enhance regional sustainability were addressed. Later, a Sod Based Cropping Systems Conference focused on challenges involving integration of perennial sod and cattle into traditional cropping systems. Conferences involved producers, and research and extension professionals from three states with goals of designing collaborative research proposal(s).