- Animals: bovine
- Animal Products: dairy
- Crop Production: cover crops
- Education and Training: demonstration, farmer to farmer, workshop
- Natural Resources/Environment: biodiversity, wildlife
- Soil Management: soil quality/health
The objectives of this project were to provide comprehensive management intensive grazing (MIG) to national Cooperative Extension Service (NCES), Natural Resource Conservation Service (NRCS) personnel, and innovative livestock producers stationed in the humid, temperate and subtropical Gulf South through a training project.
The specific goals were to:
2. Illustrate the role of MIG in comprehensive sustainable agriculture planning.
3. Train participants to assess farm suitability (soils, pastures, buildings, equipment) for MIG. 4. Train participants how to teach field management to other farmers.
5. Develop and distribute fact sheets on MIG in the South for use by participants and clientele. 6. Development and distribute training videos that will supplement participant knowledge of MIG systems.