- Agronomic: clovers, grass (misc. perennial)
- Nuts: hazelnuts
- Additional Plants: trees, Elderberries, comfrey
- Animals: poultry
- Animal Products: meat
- Animal Production: animal protection and health, feed/forage
- Crop Production: agroforestry, continuous cropping
- Education and Training: demonstration, networking, workshop, youth education
- Production Systems: agroecosystems, integrated crop and livestock systems, permaculture
- Sustainable Communities: new business opportunities, quality of life, social networks
Clean River Partners is teaming up with the Regenerative Agriculture Alliance (RAA) to train and educate up to 300 people in the RAA’s innovative Agroforestry Poultry System. We will create and establish outreach, education and training opportunities created for BIPOC- (and BIPOC-aligned) farmers, BIPOC-led non-profit organizations and BIPOC-led food and commodity groups. We will also engage public officials and non-farm community members to broaden and solidify support for regenerative agricultural production principles and the agroforestry poultry system over the next three years. This work will lead to the widespread adoption of this replicable regenerative model. We are seeking funding for the first year of this project.
Project objectives from proposal:
We will advance the Agroforestry Poultry System by working together to train and educate up to 300 people about this innovative, regenerative, replicable, and equitable system. In year one of this project, Regenerative Agriculture Alliance and Clean River Partners will create and establish outreach, education and training opportunities that utilize a new centrally located agroforestry poultry farm as the primary base for activities. From this, we will build an education program that coordinates a wide variety of activities and engages already established regenerative agriculture farms in the targeted area of SE Minnesota, NE Iowa and SW Wisconsin.