- Animals: bovine
- Animal Production: parasite control, preventive practices, grazing - rotational
- Crop Production: nutrient cycling
- Education and Training: demonstration, farmer to farmer, on-farm/ranch research
- Farm Business Management: whole farm planning
- Pest Management: biological control, competition, physical control
- Production Systems: integrated crop and livestock systems
Because of extreme drought conditions in Arkansas in 2005 and continued conditions in the northwestern part of the state through May, 2006, this project will be terminated. No funds have been expended and the project will be resubmitted for consideration of funding when weather conditions are more favorable for success.
a. No-till establishment of native warm season grasses along marginal field borders to enhance wildlife habitat and encourage the use of native warm season grasses in a grazing program.
b. Use of grazing animals to control cool season annual weeds in rotationally grazed pastures.
c. Evaluate the potential of forbs in rotationally grazed pastures to limit the internal parasite infestation in livestock.