- Animal Production: feed/forage, free-range, grazing management, rangeland/pasture management
- Crop Production: conservation tillage, cover crops, cropping systems, nutrient management, water management
- Education and Training: demonstration, extension, farmer to farmer, networking, technical assistance, workshop
- Farm Business Management: agritourism, business planning, farm-to-restaurant, risk management
- Pest Management: biological control, chemical control, cultural control, economic threshold, integrated pest management, physical control, prevention, sanitation, traps, weed ecology
- Production Systems: integrated crop and livestock systems
- Soil Management: earthworms, green manures, nutrient mineralization, organic matter, soil analysis, soil chemistry, soil microbiology, soil physics, soil quality/health
- Sustainable Communities: community planning, local and regional food systems, partnerships, quality of life, values-based supply chains
SARE-PDP funds will support participation of Nevada agricultural professionals in appropriate sustainability related training opportunities, such as the Society for Rangeland Management Annual Meeting, Entomological Society of America Annual Meeting, the Western Alfalfa and Forage Conference and the National Association of County Agricultural Agents (NACAA) Annual Meeting and Professional Improvement Conference. Applicants will request funds using the SARE-PDP Travel Scholarship form.
SARE-PDP funds will also, support travel expenses for experts at demonstration sites and conferences in Nevada. SARE PDP funds may be used for purchasing or printing educational materials for use in symposiums or training programs.
Producers will may be involved in tours and in developing the content for other trainings and conferences. The State SARE Coordinator will actively solicit and review proposals/request from faculty for individual professional development.
Proposals for Mini-Grants, to support sustainable agricultural programs, may be submitted. The advisory committee for approval will review these mini-grants. A small portion of funding will be allocated to support project administration and related costs.
Project objectives from proposal:
1) Expanded skills and knowledge about agriculture sustainability related to WSARE goals among Extension and other professionals.
2) Integrate skills and knowledge about agriculture sustainability into ongoing educational programming for agencies, producers and communities.
3) Increased networking among professionals on an individual, regional and national basis.