- Education and Training: demonstration, mentoring, youth education, technical assistance
- Farm Business Management: marketing management, farm-to-institution
- Production Systems: organic agriculture
- Soil Management: soil microbiology, organic matter, soil quality/health
- Sustainable Communities: community planning, leadership development, local and regional food systems, partnerships, public participation, urban agriculture, community services, social capital
Our project will use school/community gardens at five elementary schools and one middle school to teach responsibility, leadership, business planning, marketing, sustainable gardening, seed saving, composting, and social contribution. In addition to the skills learned from the project, our students will also earn money to keep the program going and to allow it to become financially sustainable as well. They will also be empowered by learning how through pursuing sustainable agricultural practices, they can benefit themselves while also benefitting others by giving produce to local food pantries.