- Fruits: apples, apricots, cherries, peaches, pears, plums, general tree fruits
- Crop Production: organic fertilizers
- Education and Training: mentoring, workshop, youth education
- Pest Management: integrated pest management
- Production Systems: organic agriculture
- Soil Management: soil quality/health
- Sustainable Communities: leadership development, local and regional food systems, urban agriculture, community services
Allen Neighborhood Center's Youth Service Corps (YSC), a job and life-skills training program for youths ages 11-17, participates in food access projects on Lansing's Eastside. Their Fruit Tree Project enables YSC members to learn fruit tree identification, planting, sustainable maintenance practices, mapping, and safe food handling. Fruit likely to go to waste will be harvested and distributed through Allen Neighborhood Center’s weekly food pantry, to YSC members to create a value-added food product that will be sold in their Park Cart project, and to neighbors who own or live nearby the fruit tree.